Calvary Episcopal Church in Fletcher, NC was established in 1859 and it still catches the eye of travelers on US 25. The architecture is distinctive and the setting is attractive with the winding drive through the front lawn of the campus leading to the various buildings in the rear of the property.
The churchyard on the left of the main building is balanced by the rows of standing stones on the right along Old Airport Road. A number of folk tales are tied to this historic churchyard, and the telling is best left to the church website.
This quiet place behind the screen of blooming shrubbery offers opportunities for meditation.